Deadline extended to April 17, 2020
COMTO is a multi-ethnic, non-profit, national organization founded in 1971 to address multi-cultural transportation needs and issues. COMTO is committed to the professional, educational and business development of its members. COMTO has grown to include transportation professionals at every level of the industry in a variety of fields and disciplines.
COMTO Columbus’ goal is to assume an active role in the minority community, establishing numerous programs that will energize and strengthen the communities we serve. Our current local membership consists of various transportation and government agencies, corporations, historically under-utilized businesses, transportation retirees and other local businesses.
COMTO Columbus will establish many programs, including an annual scholarship program. We believe education is a core foundation for excellence in the transportation and any other field of study. Our scholarship program is committed to providing financial support to minority students to help them maximize their educational potential. We invite you to apply for one of our many scholarships. (Application forms attached)
COMTO Columbus Scholarship Eligibility
- Minority students graduating high school in 2020, or current minority college student, pursuing a degree in the field of transportation (preferred)
- Current minority college student pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, engineering, education, transportation or urban studies (preferred)
- Graduating minority high school senior pursing a college education or enrolling in a trade/technical/vocational school
- Graduating minority high school senior or current college student, who is a COMTO member or has a COMTO affiliation, (Affiliation may be from a parent or legal guardian who is a COMTO member in good standing)
- Adult (minority) COMTO member returning to higher education
- Minority graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in transportation or related field
- Must be a United States citizen
- Minority Student also include Women, Veterans, and people with disabilities.
COMTO Columbus will be accepting applications for our 2020 Scholarship Program starting January 6, 2020. Applications must be complete and postmarked or emailed no later than Friday, April 17, 2020 to be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
Please mail applications to:
605 North High Street, PMB 295
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Attn: Scholarship Chairperson
Applications including a high definition photo will be accepted via email address: Scholarships@COMTOColumbus.org
The Columbus chapter of the Conference Of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO Columbus) is pleased to announce our 2020 Scholarship Awardees.
COMTO National Scholarship